Friday, March 19, 2010

32 Weeks

I have made it to that magic number - 32 Weeks. Only two more doctor's visits until I hit the weekly visits. I saw the Nurse Practitioner today and I have gain 22 pounds thus far. The baby's heart rate was in the 140's and my belly is measuring within normal limits. The baby has been active today. I think he is trying to sit on my right hip...sorry to tell you child, but I don't think my womb will stretch that far. I am getting apprehensive about things now and again. I'm that kind of person who would not like to have a lot of time to think about things - just do it.

So far on my list for when I go into labor: 1. put me on the list for an epidural. 2.I don't want the IV in my hand/arm is ok. 3. Make sure they know my skin is sensitive to a certain sterile/cleaning prep. - Well, when you work in the health care field you learn to speak up so you don't get disappointed in your experience and comfort.

Ben has two name combinations picked out and we will reveal them when we meet the little guy. I like the thought of holding him and looking at him before we choose a name. We feel so blessed for this life changing opportunity and new constant in our lives. It really brings joy to our hearts.

3 comments:

Franklin Family said...

Where are the 32 week pics? Documentation for posterity's sake! =) You sound like you are doing wonderfully.

Casey Gentle said...

I'm super excited for you two. Can't wait to see pics and hear Giuseppe's real name. Mark and I understand the waiting game. It stinks but makes you appreciate every little thing more, even the late night feedings. Never once did I mind those--in fact, I miss them. Enjoy the ride. There really is something about a mommy and her little man. :)

Adrian said...

I agree with Amber... we need pictures! I also want to see all the great stuff you got at your shower. I'm was so bummed that I was out of town that weekend. My mom said it was a fun shower! Good luck with everything!