Saturday, May 8, 2010

39 Weeks

Can you believe it! I am nearing the end. For some women the end has already come by this time. But seeing as this is my first and nothing has changed in the last two doctor's visits. I think my baby is in it for the long haul. I have decided to stop working now. I will go back to work about 10 weeks after I have the baby.

I don't have any new pictures of me, they would just look the same as the last one because my belly has not grown any and I have had 2 u/s since then to make sure baby is growing and fluid levels are good....they are. Baby is estimated to be around 7 pounds now. Ben would like the baby to come after Wednesday morning because he will be totally done with school by then. I told him I can't hold back mother nature but I won't help anything until then.

We are very excited to meet this little boy. I love it when people try to warn me about sleep, or the messes they make, or the crying, etc. And I just smile and think to myself "bring it on!" I have waited 4 years for this moment and I welcome all the challenges.

4 comments:

Franklin Family said...

I totally agree! If people only knew what work we go through to get these little ones here, they wouldn't make such comments!

Kirsten said...

My sweet Katie: I loved your comment- "bring it on"! I can see that you are so ready and that makes me happy because you are gonna be a great momma. Just wanted to let you know that I got some perspective and now I look at my lack of sleep, the messes and the crying and I think to myself: BRING IT ON!!
Can't wait to meet your little man!

Brisa said...

I'm so happy for you! I cant wait to see pictures of your little guy. I wish I could see him in person but you have to post lots of pictures.
I think BRING IT ON is a mothers motto!

Leann said...

Didn't you just hate it when people would warn you, and it was like they are telling you that you shouldn't have done this? Ugh!
I do know that it was harder than I thought... but that's what makes it so worth it!
(p.s. I thought that at 6 weeks, things got a lot easier. I'm so excited to do it again, cuz I think I'll be able to enjoy it more this time.)