Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sewing Update

This is another table runner I made. Will most likely be a Chirstmas present.
These blocks are called "House of Order" (made up just for this quilt) . This references the orderliness with which the Church was organized. I am not too fond of the orange I picked out, I may redo this block but I will wait.

This block is called "Broken Dishes". It represents the women of the church who broke up their china to use on the outside walls of the Kirtland temple.


There are 5 blocks in this picture (from left to right) "The Tree of Life" (one block) was used to represent the Book of Mormon, the prophet Lehi had a vision about the tree of life and how it represented many things including Jesus Christ. The next 2 blocks are "Broken Windows". The mobs broke into Joseph and Emma's house dragging Joesph away. The red stands for the blood he split. The last 2 blocks "Ocean Waves" symbolizes the many immigrants from Great Britain and the missionaries that traveled.


No comments: